Hallelujiah! Just a few hours left before we bid farewell to 2015, and here we are: alive and kicking! Cheers to all of us!
Before the year ends, I sincerely hope that you’re ready to start 2016 with a new planner…That’s right–a new planner. Some people opt to stick with their smart phones while there are those who would rather have it the old-fashioned way. I have been raving about the Belle de Jour Planner for quite some time now but, hey, did I ever mention that I usually get 2 kinds of organizers every year?
Another planner that I ritually get is the Starbucks Planner. Yeah, it may be a little overrated but I prefer calling it “traditional”. I believe this is what the brand is actually selling–Tradition. There are lots of individuals who would spend much on the Christmas Blends just to complete the stamps for the planner even if they’re really clueless on how and when to use it. It has become a necessity since the “Holiday Cheer” dictates that your season would not be complete without it.
I’m afraid I’m one of those people. LOL.
Due to the same reason, I find myself obligated to justify my obsessive decision. Here are my 5 reasons:
- The 2016 Starbucks Planner is Functional and Classy. It may not be as loud and artsy as the other planners but it serves the purpose really well. It has a yearly view calendar, a monthly and weekly panel, plus a space to write your free thoughts opposite each weekly page. It also has a Holidays and Events keeper page if you’re the kind who tends to forget red-letter days. Another feature I love is the personal data page where you can log your passport number and driver’s license number. However, for safety purposes, the bank account number area is a little bit too much.
- Monthly Vouchers to Claim! For every month you get a treat from your friendly neighborhood Cafe! We’re talking about free Starbucks add-ons, complimentary beverages, discount on your favorite sandwiches, even bags of whole bean coffee!
- The 2016 Starbucks Planner is Handy Dandy! Surprisingly, this year’s planner comes in 2 sizes and 4 different colors. The large planner comes in the colors Green and White while the pocket-sized planner in Red and Black. All of which can easily be carried around, nothing too bulky and over-the-top. You can actually choose one that will fit your lifestyle! I chose the large, white one since I always have a lot of things to write!
- Good Cheers to All! One of the reasons why Starbucks is a big hit is because of its obvious and well-played corporate responsibility. It’s not really a bad thing since it’s in the spirit of paying it forward. Part of every amount you spend in an attempt to redeem the planner is donated to NGOs such as Philippine Educational Theater Association to help build their cause. Not only that, this years’ planner pays homage to our beloved Starbucks associates for without their hard work through long hours, smiling amid us–the crowd of morning haters and grumpy review rats, our coffee would not have tasted like home! Hats off to you guys!
- MOLESKIN! Have you ever gone through the Fully Booked rack which houses the Moleskine journals? God they’re expensive! But, hey, for a brand where legendary notebooks came from which was used by legendary people such as Vincent van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, Bruce Chatwin, and the like, you’re getting your money’s worth. To think you’re getting it as a reward for being a loyal Starbucks customer? Awesome, right?
If you have not yet completed your stickers, don’t fret! There’s still time! For now, have an awesome New Year and do yourself a favor: Change for the better…and have plans (and planners)!
**This is not a paid advertisement by Starbucks. However, if you wish to get the 2016 Starbucks Planner Philippines, you can visit your nearest Starbucks branch and start collecting the stickers!